Sunday, February 6, 2011

How to Survive a Superbowl Party

So the superbowl to me is more than a game.  It’s about getting friends together sharing some great food.  I have hosted many a Superbowl game in the past, especially when my New England Patriots were playing.  They key to any good superbowl party is spreading the love…  What I mean is, asking friends to bring a dish each which has usually been assigned.  This is key, especially if you want to be able to relax and enjoy the game and not be slaving in the kitchen!!  Since this is a Super Bowl party, if it doesn’t fit on a small plate it doesn’t make the cut.  There is nothing worse than 30 people trying to sit in front of the TV, watching the game while trying to each with a fork and knife with the plate on their lap.  I love making guacamole with home made tortilla chips.  I like a little heat in my guac and I have come up with a recipe that uses some shortcuts.  I use habanero or chipotle based salsa instead of diced tomato.  The heat plays well against the creamy avocado.  A Vidalia onion, some cilantro and fresh lime make it game time!  The tortilla chips are made from store bought flour tortillas cut into any shape you want and then pan fried in oil, then sprinkled with sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment