Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 15 Treat of Mako Shark & An Update

I have survived to day 15 with some marked results.  I have been repeating the same recipes that have been posted before with minor changes.  This work out is quite difficult, yet very rewarding!  I have learned that moderation is the key lesson of this and hopefully I can figure out a way to make that a lifestyle not just a fad.  On day 15 I decided to test my lack of love for anything seafood...  I asked the staff at a local fish market what he would suggest for a non-fish eater and he offered Mako Shark.  It was probably one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten.  Here is the simple recipe I pulled together.  Enjoy!



Mako Shark
Serves 1-2
Prep 40-60 mins

6oz Mako Shark steak about 1.75” thick
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 cloves of garlic sliced
3-4 tbsp of cilantro minced
Zest & juice of one lemon
Salt & Pepper

Mix all ingredients together and brush liberally on the Mako steak.  Let it rest for about 10 mins prior to grilling.  Get your grill nice and hot.  Cook for 10-20 mins depending on how you want the temp to be and size of the piece of fish.  Serve with side salad or brown rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment